Charles Gallia is a fifth generation Oregonian whose connection to Clackamas County runs deep. He and his siblings were raised by a single mom, with help from their forest ranger grandfather. Together, these powerful role models gave them an appreciation of the outdoors, the value of a quality education, and a good sense of humor even when times are tough.
Born in St. Helens and raised in Clackamas County, Gallia attended local public schools. He went on to get a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science and a Middle East Studies Specialist Certificate as well as a PhD in Public Administration and Policy, all at Portland State University.
Charles is a Senior Policy Advisor for Research and Evaluation at the Oregon Health Authority. He spends his time at work putting information into action by measuring health outcomes and ensuring Oregonians are receiving quality care. He specializes in issues of health care equity and adding the patient’s voice to care.
He is also very active in the local community. Charles is co-founder of the Oregon Pediatric Improvement Partnership, working with private and public health clinics. The group aids clinics to coordinate and share information to provide better patient care.
Charles currently serves on the Clackamas County Parks Advisory Board and Economic Development Commission.
- NARAL Pro-Choice Oregon, PAC
- Oregon League of Conservation Voters
- Oregon Education Association
- Oregon School Employees Association
- Oregon AFL-CIO
- UFCW Local 555
- Heat and Frost Insulators Local 36
- Joint Council of Teamsters No. 37
- Oregon Chiropractors Association
- independents for Progressive Action
- Willamette Women Democrats
- Our Revolution
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Oregon Governor Barbara Roberts
- Former Oregon Secretary of State Bill Bradbury
- State Representative Alissa Keny-Guyer
- State Senator Lew Frederick
- State Senator Elizabeth Steiner-Hayward
- State Senator Mark Hass
- State Senator Michael Dembrow
- State Senator Rob Wagner
- Clackamas County Chair Jim Bernard
- Clackamas County Commissioner Ken Humberston
- Clackamas County Commissioner Martha Schrader
- Milwaukie Mayor Mark Gamba
- BOLI Commissioner elect Val Hoyle
- Annette Mattson, MHCC Board of Education
- Chuck Sheketoff
- Rosie Stephens
- Samuel Metz
- Reverend Marsha Stanard
Stay up to date